Thursday, January 6, 2011

Get Hooked On Bling

Dear Jeannie,
This year I received a ‘lovely Canberra’ card from Japan, mixed with Japanese ideological art of cherry blossom and butterflies.
Recently had coffee with a mother and teenage daughter Sarah. As we were walking by the bling department of David Jones, Sarah said ‘she’s the most popular girl in the school’

Catherine's lips

Catherine’s (her Mom) lips remained tightly sealed.
Whoops. Oh dear.
What do you do with such a statement?
Is this the call of jealously?
Do I have another scene for a play?
Now what was that inscription!

‘You have a really nice voice and isn’t it wonderful singing carols at this time of year.
My very best wishes to you for a healthy and happy New Year –
            from Jeannie’
Retailer: ‘I’m serving her now’  
Customer: ‘I’ll take these. I’m a playwright. I wrote …’

Retailer: ‘That sounds beautiful’
David Jones - Bling
Playwright: ‘Isn’t that great dear’ 
Dog wash proprietor: ‘Terrific’
Playwright: ‘Won Blog award 2010’
Dog wash proprietor: [Pause]
Grits teeth.
[Silence]

No comments:

Post a Comment